EPCM was appointed to provide Technical Advisory Services for the design, construction, commissioning and operation of a bio-ethanol plant for Arengo 316 (Pty) Ltd (project owner) in Cradock, Western Cape. The contract is a three-year engineering management and technical support contract.
The 90 million liters per annum bio-ethanol production plant will use grain sorghum as feedstock and will also produce Distiller’s Dried Grain with Solubles that will be sold to the animal feed market.
Scope of Work:
- Review and assessment of existing FEED package, design basis, mass & energy balances, equipment specifications, BFDs, PFDs, P&IDs, civil designs and BOQs;
- EPC scope compilation;
- EPC contractor management;
- Due diligence – technical, financial, commercial and contractual aspects;
- Technical reviews of all regulatory compliances;
- Assessment of maintainability and operability of design;
- Development and review of contracting strategy;
- Review of construction and operations management plans;
- Techno-economic analysis;
- Review of HS&E requirements; and
- Client advisory.