EPCM conducted a feasibility assessment on development of a Coal Bed Methane field in the Kalahari Karoo Basin, East Central Botswana. The project considered various options for downstream infrastructure. Design considerations included:
- CNG station – gas gathering network from wellheads to feed a booster compressor station with CNG fueling;
- Gas pipeline-to-mine system – gas gathering network feeding a compressor station that compresses the gas into a pipeline network to feed large diamond/copper/nickel mines in the vicinity;
- Gas pipeline-to-power station(s) system – gas gathering network feeding a compressor station that compresses the gas into a pipeline network to feed power stations in the vicinity.
- Small-Scale LNG plant – gas gathering network feeding a small LNG plant that processes and liquefies the gas. LNG was considered to be transported to intensive energy consumers (mines, etc.).
Scope of Work:
- Concept designs;
- Routing studies;
- Market Assessment;
- CAPEX & OPEX Estimations; and
- Economic modelling.